SHAKSHUKA - Tomatoes and Eggs Arabian Breakfast (Middle Eastern)

by - March 12, 2016

My ShakShuka

Shakshouka (also shakshuka, shaqshuqa, Hebrew: שקשוקה‎) is Middle Eastern dish consisting of poached or fried eggs cooked in a sauce of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and spices (often including cumin, turmeric, and chillies), and usually served with white bread. It probably originated in Tunisia.

Shakshouka dish is now a staple of Tunisian, Algerian, Egyptian, Moroccan, Somali, and Yemeni cuisines, and is also popular in Israel, where it was introduced largely by Tunisian Jews after the Jewish exodus from Arab lands.

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. its just like perico in venezuela, only there they add more bell peppers and a little sugar instead of red chili peppers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this reminded me one of the recipe my mother used to cook from time to time. That was another sign of my mother heritage; I found right now with your recipe! I live in Bari, Italy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, i'll be trying it out and mixing it with steel cut oats as my breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic!! I will be giving this a go on the weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete